Four good reasons why you should work really hard to improve your oral communication skills starting today:
- You can do better presentations in class.
- You can develop a network of professors, TAs and friends to help you achieve your goals.
- You can project more confidence during interviews.
- You will enjoy better chances of success during job placement terms.
With better oral communication skills, you can enjoy greater participation in campus life. Studies show that students who are more actively involved in campus life end up with better grades.
- Use English instead of your mother-tongue at every opportunity.
- Attend the Effective Oral Communication Workshop.
- Make an appointment with the CTL English Language Development Support Coordinator to work out a personal program for your improvement.
- Use online presentations skill support or attend a presentations skills workshop.
Participate actively in the Communication Café.