For Winter 2021, RWE program will be conducted fully online, with virtual meetings with your writing instructor. Click here to sign up for the January intake of the program. Space is limited and enrollment so sign up soon!
Please note: You will need to click ‘enroll’ to access the orientation module. Once in the module, if you wish to join the program, you can fill in your registration and availability form to be matched with a personalized tutor.
Academic writing is a common challenge among students, regardless of their background in the English language. The Reading and Writing Excellence (RWE) program will provide students with the tools to tackle all their writing requirements with success and confidence.
RWE provides students with personalized support in active reading, critical thinking and responsive writing skills. This is achieved through 3 steps:
1. READ your own course materials or something that interests you
2. WRITE to your tutor about them, summarizing and adding your own thoughts
3. MEET biweekly with your tutor, who will help you improve your reading, thinking and writing
Should I take part in the RWE program?
Here are some questions you may want to ask yourself if you're considering enrolling in the RWE program:
• Would you like to improve your academic writing ability?
• Would you like to have someone guide you personally as you develop your writing skills or improve from whatever level you are at now?
• Would you like to improve your critical thinking through writing?
If you answered YES to any of the above, RWE is definitely the program for you.
Do I have to pay to receive this support?
No, RWE is free to all UTSC students.