Contractor Safety Program
The University hires only competent contractors who have acknowledged that they would follow applicable legislation, guidelines and standards to conduct work safely for the protection of their employees, other contractors and the UTSC community. U of T also ensures contractors are made aware of U of T-specific hazards (e.g. designated substances) and safety requirements beyond the applicable legislation, guidelines and standards.
Although external contractors are not employees of the University of Toronto, they are still required to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (and regulations) to protect their workers while working on University property. Additionally, external contractors and constructors must ensure that their work does not endanger the health and safety of the University community.
For more information, please refer to our Contractor Safety Program (including Appendix B: Contractor Safety Acknowledgement Form (CMC)).
Forms & Appendices
- Appendix B - Contractor Safety Acknowledgement Form (CMC)
- Appendix C - Pre-Job Assessment Form
- Appendix D - Pre-Project Assessment Form
- Appendix E - Notification and Acknowledgement of Designated Substances on Project Site
- Appendix I - Pre-and-Post Job Inspection Checklist
- "Acknowledgement of University of Toronto Asbestos Management Program, Ontario Regulation 278/05 and "Designated Substance- Asbestos on construction projects and in buildings and repair operations" and Designated substances survey report"
- Constructor Guideline
- Workplace Injury Summary Report
- Supervisory Engagement in Construction
Please report any accidents to the University of Toronto Scarborough Project Manager. Please have the Project Manager or Campus Police fill out the Online Accident / Incident form.