In cooperation with its campus partners, the EDO promotes an equitable and inclusive campus community, free from discrimination or harassment based on age, disability, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, and / or record of offences.
What We Do
- Work with staff, faculty and students
- Provide advice and assistance with programs relevant to inclusion, cultural diversity and religious accommodation
- Lead public education workshops and professional development seminars to build community awareness and inter-cultural competencies
- Run events, programs and forums which highlight issues important to the campus community
- Respond to concerns, resolve conflict and manage complaints of discrimination and harassment
- Consult and advise on policy matters
When should you contact the Equity & Diversity Office?
- You need assistance in resolving an issue that involves equity, discrimination or harassment
- You would like the EDO to know about events within the mandate of the office
- You want to know more about EDO programs and services
- You want to become more involved in making U of T a more equitable and inclusive space for everyone
- You have questions about university policy on equity or diversity issues
What can you expect from the Equity & Diversity Office?
- Safe and supportive environment
- Respectful and non-judgemental approach to your concerns
- Timely response