The ECT minor program is designed for students, fluent in both English and Chinese, who are interested in English to Chinese translation. It will equip students with the fundamental theoretical knowledge and practical skills required in this profession. Students must complete a total of 4.0 credits: 3 ECT courses, 2 out of 4 LGG Chinese courses, and 3 LIN courses.
ECT is now an unlimited minor program (SCMIN0180), meaning you can add it on ACORN at any time. However, as all ECT program required courses are in very high demand, to join the program early is to your advantage.
- CTLA01H3 Foundations in Effective Academic Communication
- Prerequisite: No more than 10.0 credits complete
- Course Description: https://utsc.calendar.utoronto.ca/course/ctla01h3
- CTLA02H3 Exploring Inter-Cultural Perspectives in Academic Contexts
- Prerequisite: No more than 10.0 credits completed
- Course Description: https://utsc.calendar.utoronto.ca/course/ctla02h3
- Reading and Writing Excellence (RWE) Program
- Communication Cafés and Discussion Skills
- English Language Development Consultations
Visit http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/eld and click Student Support and Online Resources.