Placements for Winter 2020 are NOW POSTED!
Students who wish to create their own placements for Winter 2020 are encouraged to start contacting potential supervisors as early as possible.
SERVICE LEARNING AND OUTREACH PROVIDES EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
As a student do you:
- want a chance to learn from and give to your communities?
- want to deepen your understanding of your academic discipline?
- want to learn about and practice transferrable, real-world skills?
- want to gain hands-on experience in a field you might consider in your future?
If you are a student interested in a placement experience, please select "Apply Now".
As a community partner would you like to:
- give an enthusiastic student a chance to engage with your organization?
- have students learn more about and contribute to your organization?
- work with enthusiastic, bright "young" minds?
Our Service Learning and Outreach (SLO) program provides experiential education opportunities for students where they are matched with placement opportunities offered by their communities. As part of the experience, students reflect on how their academic knowledge enhances their delivery of service and how that service experience informs their academic understanding.
If you are a community partner with a placement to offer, please contact us:
Kamini Persaud, Coordinator, Experiential Learning, CTL
Amelia Seto-Hung, Course and Program Assistant, CTL