If you do not see a suitable placement of interest on our list of available placements or you have an interest in or connection with a particular community organization (Outreach) or course instructor (In-reach), you are welcome to create your own placement.
Please follow these steps:
- Find a community organization (Outreach) or course instructor (In-reach) with whom you would like to carry out a 10-12 wk, 5-7hrs/wk service learning placement with. The placement activity must be related to your area of academic study.
- Contact the community organization (Outreach) or course instructor (In-reach) and tell them about CTLB03 Introduction to Service Learning. Be informed before approaching them: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/ctl/student-service-learning-experience
For more information about course objectives, their role and responsibilities and about service learning, in general, direct the:
- community organization (Outreach) to http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/ctl/service-learning-information-community-partners or,
- course instructor (In-reach) to http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/ctl/service-learning-information-utsc-instructors
- If they are interested in participating in the program and taking you on as a service learning student, have them contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with them to create a placement for you. The following form should be used to create a new placement: https://ctl.utsc.utoronto.ca/sl/apply//supervision_proposal.php
Please note that to create a meaningful partnership, it takes time to answer questions and complete all necessary paperwork. Students are advised to begin the “Create Your Own Placement” process at least one full term in advance of when they plan to take CTLB03.