CTLB03 Introduction to Service Learning is no longer offered in the Summer term. We will begin posting arranged placements for Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 in late June. Students who wish to create their own placements for Fall 2018 or Winter 2019 are encouraged to start contacting potential supervisors as early as possible.
If you do not see a suitable placement of interest on our list of available placements or you have an interest in or connection with a particular community organization (Outreach) or course instructor (In-reach), you are welcome to create your own placement.
Please follow these steps:
- Find a community organization (Outreach) or course instructor (In-reach) with whom you would like to carry out a 10-12 wk, 5-7hrs/wk service learning placement with. The placement activity must be related to your area of academic study.
- Contact the community organization (Outreach) or course instructor (In-reach) and tell them about CTLB03 Introduction to Service Learning. Be informed before approaching them: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/ctl/student-service-learning-experience
For more information about course objectives, their role and responsibilities and about service learning, in general, direct the:
- community organization (Outreach) to http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/ctl/service-learning-information-community-partners or,
- course instructor (In-reach) to http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/ctl/service-learning-information-utsc-instructors
- If they are interested in participating in the program and taking you on as a service learning student, have them contact us at email@example.com and we will work with them to create a placement for you.
Please note that to create a meaningful partnership, it takes time to answer questions and complete all necessary paperwork. Students are advised to begin the “Create Your Own Placement” process at least one full term in advance of when they plan to take CTLB03.