Welcome to the Statistics and Analytics Consulting Centre at UTSC. The centre comprises faculty with expertise in statistics and data analysis who are willing to offer advice and/or support to UTSC researchers. Our goal is to promote sound statistical practice and empirical research at UTSC.
What we do:
The centre offers support covering most aspects of a statistical analysis. In particular, we can provide assistance in any of the following areas:
- Experimental design & sample size calculations
- Sample survey design & analysis
- Statistical software (SAS, SPSS, R)
- Custom statistical modeling & analysis
- Interpretation & presentation of statistical results
- Methodological section of grant proposals / research papers
If you would like to use our services, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your problem and the type of assistance you would like to receive. If we are able to assist, a consultant will contact you to assess the nature and scope of your request, and to arrange the terms of their engagement. Consultants will take on projects at their discretion and our services are offered free of charge.
(Note: we do not help with coursework; UTSC already supports student learning through its Math & Stats Learning Centre).
Examples of projects that our consultants have undertaken in the past:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of various teaching aids in relation to students’ performance and course perceptions
- Assessing and comparing the severity of historical mortality events
- Estimation of Ontario HIV incidences using the back-projection method
Who we are
The members of the center are listed below, together with their areas of expertise:
- Ken Butler – Applied Statistics in Physical and Environmental Sciences
- Sotirios Damouras - Time Series Analysis, Financial Econometrics, R software
- Sohee Kang - Biostatistics, Bayesian analysis
- Mahinda Samarakoon - Design of Experiments, Sample Surveys, Regression