JOSEPH WONG STUDENT EXPERIENCE FUND
This award provides undergraduate students with financial assistance for international learning experiences in or related to Asia, such as studying an Asian language abroad, undertaking field research or special projects, or participating in an international field school. Students will be expected to provide the Asian Institute with updates about their experience and produce a short report with photos upon completion of their travel. Quality of proposal will the primary criteria. Financial need may be considered.
Award Value: Up to $2,000
Eligibility: Undergraduate students in any faculty or program at the University of Toronto, including UTM and UTSC.
Deadline: October 16, 2018
How to Apply:
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com as a single pdf attachment. The email subject line should be “Joseph Wong Student Experience Fund Application” and the file name of the pdf should be LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME-JWSEF2018.
- Statement of research/study interest. This should be no more than 1 page and outline the international learning experience you plan to undertake, including the academic rationale and the significance to your program of study.
- Curriculum Vitae (including contact information and student number)
- Academic transcript (printout from ACORN is fine)
- A detailed breakdown of estimated costs. Please make sure to comply with Safety Abroad regulations
- OSAP assessment, if eligible, or short paragraph describing your financial need for this award.
One page letter of support from a University of Toronto faculty member. This may be emailed separately by the faculty member to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted to Katherine MacIvor, 1 Devonshire Place room 228N, in a sealed envelope.