The University of Toronto Scarborough presents Camp U of T
Camp U of T Scarborough is a summer day camp for children ages 6-12 years and offers campers the option of either TENNIS or RECREATIONAL programming in the mornings, followed by a mini-University experience in the afternoons with hourly rotations in computers, science, arts and crafts, dance and dramatic theatre, which all take place on campus. In addition, the camp offers comprehensive 2-week Leadership programs for teens 13-16yrs comprised of team and individual Leadership themed character building workshops, recreational activities and off-campus excursions.
- Nut-free summer camp that operates from 9am-4pm Monday through Friday. Doors open @8:30am!
- Progressive academic anti-bullying environment with onsite campus police services
- Low camper-to-staff ratio with age appropriate programming in recreation, arts and sciences
- Weekly lunch menu that provides vegetarian options and accommodates food allergies
- Post camp child-care service for campers 6-12 that provides low organized activities from 4:30-6pm
- CPR-B & First Aid trained university student camp counsellors with extensive camp experience
- User-friendly 24-hour access to online camp registration available Monday through Sunday
- Flexible 1-week camp registration throughout camp duration and 8-week camp registration incentive
- Daily radio communication amongst camp counsellors and administrative staff 8:30am-4:15pm
- Enhanced Leadership program (Leaders-in-Training) for teens ages 13-16 years
- Free camp hat provided to registered campers and Leadership teens on first day of camp session
- NEW for 2018 – French Camp Component
New for 2018: In the afternoons Campers 6-12 years will enjoy a mini-University experience delivered in French in art and science programming in a range of topics such as: Arts and Crafts, Fine Arts, Dance-FIT, Drama, Kids Science.
The aim of the camp is to engage the campers in French language interactive activities to help them expand their French language capacity and provide them an opportunity to practice what they have learned both at the camp and at school facilitating their conversational skills.
The campers will spend the morning learning the basic fundamentals and rules of many recreational activities and sports along with all other campers. (This morning component will be conducted in English).
Please note, this camp is meant for campers with some knowledge of French and it is not intended for those with no French skills.
Les élèves de 6 è 12 ans participeront le matin à l’apprentissage des principes de base et des règles de plusieurs activités sportives et de loisirs. L’après-midi, les participants bénéficieront de l’expérience d’apprentissage des arts et des sciences en situation d’immersion française. Le programme comprend un éventail de domaines tels que les arts et l’artisanat, les Beaux-Arts, la danse FIT, les arts dramatiques/ le théâtre, et les sciences pour enfants.
L’objectif de ce camp est d’offrir l’occasion aux élèves de se plonger dans des activités interactives en utilisant le français, et d’enrichir leurs connaissances langagières dans un environnement ouvert à la pratique des compétences de communication orale acquises à l’école et pendant le camp.