Situated at the intersection of Military Trail and Morningside Avenue.
Renderings courtesy of Diamond Schmitt and MVRDV
The Scarborough Academy of Medicine and Integrated Health (SAMIH) is a very exciting and timely initiative. The project will not only provide a much-needed training facility for physicians and healthcare professionals but will allow residents to be part of the bigger, future building initiative in health care. It will connect people directly to our local health care institutions to provide essential care to our diverse community in Scarborough.
It will also provide a hub for training and strengthen connections among healthcare providers in the region.
Designed by: Diamond Schmitt Architects and MVRDV
Constructed by: Ellis Don Construction & Building Services
Supplementary Documents - SAMIH
- New University of Toronto medical school to address shortage of health care professionals in Scarborough
- University of Toronto Scarborough will get its own medical school, province announces (March 15, 2022)
- U of T Scarborough launches new academy of medicine for the eastern GTA (March 22, 2022)
- Historic $75-million gift from Orlando Corporation will strengthen health care and health education in Scarborough and the Eastern GTA
- U of T breaks ground on state-of-the-art building for training health professionals in Scarborough