**Students wishing to take BIOA01H3F and BIOA02H3S who do not have grade 12 biology may take BIOA11H3F to fulfill the grade 12 Biology pre-requisite requirement. BIOA11H3 will not satisfy the Advanced Functions (or equivalent) pre-requisite. Please check the UTSC calendar for further information.
**Students who wish to take BIOA01H3F and BIOA02H3S, and do not have grade 12 advanced functions, may take the Mathematics Preparation course run by the Centre for Teaching and Learning to fulfill the grade 12 advanced functions pre-requisite requirement. Please note, a final score of 65% or higher is needed to use the preparation course towards BIOA01 and BIOA02. For more information, please visit CTL's MSLC website.
Please review Upcoming Events for valuable career enriching networking and Academic Advising sessions available at UTSC.
- Biology Student’s Association (BioSA)
- Course Calendar: Biology Listing
- Service Learning through the Science Engagement Courses
- Course Syllabus
- Please note that all forms for BIOB98, BIOB99, BIOC99, BIOD67, BIOD95, BIOD98 and BIOD99 have moved to the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Section on the Home page.
- Biology Key and Access Card Request Form
- UTSC Graduate Student Lounge Key Request Form
U of T Scarborough Resources
- AccessAbility Services
- Advising, Career and Student Success Centre
- Bladen Library
- Co-op Programs
- Information and Instructional Technology Services (IITS)
- Printing Services
- Registrar’s Office
- U of T Scarborough Student’s Union
- Teaching and Learning Services
- Writing Centre
Admission to Biological Sciences Programs
Students apply to Biological Sciences Specialist and Major programs after completing a minimum of 4.0 full credits, including 1.0 credit in Biology (excluding BIOA11H3), 1.0 credit in Chemistry, and 0.5 credit in Mathematics (excluding MATA02H3) or Statistics and with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) as specified below:
- Admission to Specialist programs requires a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 2.0.
- There are no admission requirements for the Minor program in Biology
Students applying to the Specialist (Co-Operative) Program in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology: application procedures and the supplementary application form can be found at the Arts & Science Co-op website. The minimum qualifications for entry are 5.0 credits including BIOA01H3, BIOA02H3, CHMA10H3, CHMA11H3, [(MATA20H3) & (MATA21H3)] or [MATA30H3 & [MATA35H3 or MATA36H3]], [PHYA10H3 or PHYA11H3], plus a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.