NSERC - USRA
The Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) has an Undergraduate Student Research Award Program (USRA) and that pays a student to do 16 weeks of research with a professor over the Summer 2023 term.
Please note, preference is given to UTSC undergraduate students. The department has a quota of 4 awards. Please note awards made to self-identified Indigenous and Black students are in addition to the department's allocation.
Duration: 16 consecutive weeks
Value of the award: Each award is $6000 NSERC (USRA) + a minimum of $1500 provided by the NSERC grant holder (supervisor).
- Get your most current official transcript or a printout of your transcript directly from ACORN.
- Register for an account at NSERC's online system.
- Fill out Form 202 Part I via the NSERC website
- Print Form 202 Part I or Print to PDF.
- Have your supervisor fill in Form 202 Part II. This must be done online. They will need your reference number from Part I.
- Please adhere to NSERC's General Presentation Guidelines. Any application not following these guidelines will be sent back to be redone.
- Have your supervisor print or print to PDF Form 202 Part II
Submit these items to Jennifer Campbell, Biological Sciences Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the Departmental Administrative Suite in SW421B by March 28, 2023.
- Official transcript (I can also scan and print or e-mail from ACORN for you)
- Form 202 Part I
- Form 202 Part II