U of T closes gyms amid new Ontario COVID-19 measures
Effective Saturday, Oct. 10, 2020, the following changes take effect:
- Fitness facilities: Closing of indoor gyms and fitness centres (i.e., exercise classes and weight and exercise rooms).
- Food services: Operations on all three campuses will shift to take-out only, and seating in dining halls and food service outlets will be closed.
- Limits to organized activities: All social gatherings and organized public events will be subject to a maximum of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors where physical distancing can be maintained. The two limits may not be combined for an indoor-outdoor event.
The Department of Athletics & Recreation will continue to offer the following opportunities for students:
Free Virtual Programs: register through recreation.utoronto.ca
Dance (Latin, Ballet and Dancefit) and Fitness Kickboxing.
More info: utsc.utoronto.ca/athletics/registered-programs
Sport Conditioning (Volleyball, Basketball and Soccer)
More info: utsc.utoronto.ca/athletics/martial-arts-fitness-conditioning
- Game Nights - Thursdays from 6:00 - 8:00pm utsc.utoronto.ca/athletics/game-nights
Empow(HER)ment Series - Mondays from 5:00 - 6:00pm
- UTSC Empow(HER) Podcasts - Fridays from 10:00 - 10:30am www.facebook.com/UTSCWomen/
- Kat & Keirah's Corner - Mondays 2:30pm utsc.utoronto.ca/athletics/kat-keirahs-corner
UTSC Weekly Soccer Chat - Fridays 12:00pm utoronto.zoom.us/j/82010766310
Meeting ID: 820 1076 6310 Passcode: soccer