If you are looking to try some new sports this year, meet new people, or find something new to do with your friends, Interhouse is for you. The UTSC Athletics Interhouse program offers opportunities for UTSC students to play in an organized sports league. The Interhouse program includes Basketball (4 on 4, 5 on 5, or Women’s Only), Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Ball Hockey, Soccer (including Women’s Only), and even new this year, Water Polo. You can create a team with your friends or join up as a solo player and meet new people.
Interhouse coordinators Sarah Heatley (Volleyball) and Katrina Pilatos (Soccer) give some reasons why you should join:
- Interhouse is a great time to enjoy with friends and play in a competitive league
It’s a super easy online sign up for teams and you get to play once a week
- to sign up go to IM Leagues: (http://www.imleagues.com/School/Intramural/Home.aspx?SchID=f1b2ebea1a424b6586aa76a5bdddce86)
- It’s a great way to get involved in athletics on campus with minimal commitment
- Leagues such as Interhouse soccer (and more) offer three leagues to achieve optimal involvement and participation for all students
- This year we have introduced a women's only league which is a great opportunity for those who may not be comfortable playing in a coed division
- Many teams create their own team names, wear their own jerseys or shirts and it all enhances the atmosphere that invites all students, even those who don't play, to come watch some games
So go to IM Leagues and sign up today!