Another year has come and gone! We had a fantastic year in the Intramural Program, with UTSC participating in over 50 intramural leagues, winning 7 championships, 6 finalist titles, 5 semi-finalist titles - a testament to the teams' successes and dominance in U of T Intramural Programs.
The Championship teams included:
- Coed Ultimate Frisbee A - Fall
- Women's Flag Football
- Men's Flag Football
- Coed Ultimate Frisbee A - Winter
- Women's B Indoor Soccer
- Men's Basketball
- Men's C Ice Hockey
The 52nd Annual Athletic Banquet was held on Saturday, April 1 at the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto. On this night, the UTSC community came together to celebrate the success of our student athletes and recognize the contributions made to our Intramural program by students, staff, alumni and community members.
The following individuals were selected by an awards committee, after being nominated by the UTSC community at large:
- Female Dickinson Award (Female Athlete of the Year) - Breanna Kenning
- Male Dickinson Award (Male Athlete of the Year) - Michael Mines
- Female "Heart" Award - Jessica Stevens
- Male "Heart" Award - Christopher Penaranda
- Spirit Award - Men's United Soccer
- Professor Taimo Pallandi Award - Faith Gallant
- Plumptre Award - Heidi Calder, Simone Robinson and Charles Dumrique
- The Coaching Award - Angela Kim
- Stripes Award - Dusan Micic
- UTSC Soccer Hall of Fame - Caitlin Cosgrove and Mirza Celik
- UTSC Hockey Hall of Fame - Shakeeb Ahmed
- UTSC Volleyball Hall of Fame - Wenzie Haw
We would like to thank all those who joined us to celebrate and congratulate the S.C.A.A on a great year and on putting together such an incredible event. Congratulations to all award winners and to all our student athletes on their participation and success in our Intramural program.
Please go to our gallery to see photos of our major award winners.