Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
Academic Program Advisor Supervisor
- American Ethnological Society
- Society for Cultural Anthropology
- Melanesian Interest Group
- Canadian Anthropology Society
- CASCA Taskforce on Precarity
- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Critical Pedagogy
- Landscapes of Knowledge: Teaching and Learning in Canadian Universities
- Urban Melanesia
- Gender, Livelihood, and Social Change in Vanuatu
- Moral Economies of Fitness and Health
- Social Media
- 2016 Uncertain Belongings: Relationships, Money, and Returned Migrant Workers in Port Vila, Vanuatu. Journal of Pacific Studies. 36 (1): 21-33.
- 2016 Sociocultural Anthropology: A Problem-based Approach (3rd Canadian edition), eds. Robbins, Cummings, and McGarry. Toronto: Nelson Education.
- 2015 Teaching About and with Selfies in the Classroom. Teaching Culture: The Blog, June 29. http://www.utpteachingculture.com/thinking-about-and-with-selfies- in-the-classroom/
- 2015 Notes from the Teaching Stream. Culture: The Canadian Anthropology Society Newsletter. 15 (1): 14-15
- 2013 Afterword: Expertise in our Time. Anthropologica. 55 (2): 329-334.
- 2013 Imagining Transnational Futures in Vanuatu. In A Companion to Diaspora and Transnationalism, eds. Ato Quayso and Girish Daswani. New York: Blackwell. 381-396.
- 2013 Looking Good: The Cultural Politics of the Island Dress for Young Women in Vanuatu. The Contemporary Pacific. 25 (1): 33-65.
- 2013 Cultural Anthropology: A Problem-based Approach (2nd Canadian edition), eds. Robbins, Cummings, McGarry and Larkin. Toronto: Nelson Education.
- 2011 Citizenship and Urban Space: Intersections of Housing, Services, Identity, and Belonging for Newcomers to Kingston-Galloway/Orton Park, Scarborough, with co-authors Susannah Bunce and Girish Daswani. CERIS Working Paper Series. CERIS-- The Ontario Metropolis Centre, December, No. 86. Available online: http://www.ceris.metropolis.net/wpcontent/uploads/pdf/research_publicati...
- 2008 Gender, Blame, and Kastom: Understanding HIV in Vanuatu. In Making Sense of AIDS: Culture, Sexuality, and Power in Melanesia, eds. Leslie Butt and Richard Eves. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press. 133-149.
- 2005 Who Wears the Trousers in Vanuatu? In Auto-Ethnographies: The Anthropology of Academic Practices, eds. Anne Meneley and Donna J. Young. Peterborough, ON: Broadview Press. 51-64
- Gender and Sexuality
- Race and Racism
- Culture, Film, and Media
- Introduction to Socio-Cultural Anthropology
- Anthropology of the Body
- Fieldwork and Qualitative Analysis