- American Anthropological Association, member. Section member in Society for Medical anthropology, Society for Cultural Anthropology, and American Ethnological Society
- African Studies Association, member
- Research Affiliate, Population Studies and Training Center, Brown University
- Humanitarianism and international development
- Medical anthropology: HIV and AIDS, social stigma
- Kinship and childhood
Awards and Grants:
- 2012 Social Science Research Council Book Fellowship Award
- 2009-2012 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Anthropology, Population Studies, and the International Humanities, Brown University
- 2006 Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, fieldwork grant
- 2005 Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad grant
- 2005 Social Science Research Council International Dissertation Research Award
- 2012. Beyond the Blame Paradigm: Rethinking Witchcraft Gossip and Stigma around HIV-Positive Children in Southeastern Botswana. African Historical Review 44(1):53-79.
- 2009. The ‘Failures of Culture’: Christianity, Kinship, and Moral Discourses about Orphans during Botswana’s AIDS Crisis. Africa Today 56(1):23-43.
- Medical anthropology
- Humanitarianism, international development, and human rights