- American Anthropological Association
- Society for Linguistic Anthropology
- Linguistic Society of America
- Graduate Appointments in Anthropology and Linguistics
- Centre for Diaspora and Transnational Studies
- Language in Transnational and Global Contexts
- Media and Publics
- Translation and Commensuration
- Pragmatics and Interaction
- Israel in the Middle East
Awards and Grants:
- 2011, Connaught New Researcher Grant, University of Toronto
- 2010, PhD Awarded in Anthropology and Linguistics with Distinction
- 2008, Graduate Student Paper Prize from the Society for Linguistic Anthropology
- 2004, Fulbright-Hayes Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Grant for Israel
- 2004, National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant in Anthropology and Linguistics
- 2004, Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Dissertation Fieldwork Grant
- Under Review, “The Deterritorialization of Latino Educación: Noncitizen Latinos in Israel and the Everyday Diasporic Subject,” for Rosina Márquez Reiter and Luisa Martín Rojo (eds.) A Sociolinguistics of Diaspora: Latino Practices, Identities and Ideologies, Routledge (Critical Studies in Multilingualism).
- Forthcoming, “Discourse Theory,” for R. Jon McGee and Richard L. Warms (eds.) Theory in Social and Cultural Anthropology: An Encyclopedia. Sage.
- 2012, “The Shifting Genres of Middle Eastern Registers of Political Communication: A Review Article,” Journal of Linguistic Anthropology, 12/1: 109-119.
- 2009, The circulation of chisme and rumor: gossip, evidentiality, and authority in the perspective of Latino labor migrants in Israel. Journal of Linguistic Anthropology. 19(1):117-143.
Reviews and Other Publications
- 2012, “Referentialist in Debates, Governmental in Entailments: Reflections on a Campaign to Change the Terms of Israeli “Immigration” Policy,” Anthropology News, Language & Culture Blog, found at http://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2012/10/12/referentialist-in-...
- 2003, Review of The Politics of Sacred Space: the Old City of Jerusalem in the Middle East Conflict, by Michael Dumper. Arab Studies Journal, 11/1: 168-171.
- Linguistic Anthropology
- Semiotic Anthropology
- Anthropology of Media