U of T’s computer science programs rank among the best in the world — and U of T Scarborough is where you can combine a world-class education with paid work experience through our co-op program. From artificial intelligence to social networks, we focus on equipping you with the skills to solve the most pressing problems in the field.
Our program is offered as a specialist and major, both with co-op options that have you complete three work terms, giving you 12 total months of real-world experience before you graduate. The major program is designed to be combined with another program, typically another major, giving you the freedom to combine a thorough foundation in computer science with other disciplines that interest you. Our specialist program has four streams that let you further customize your learning:
- Comprehensive stream: This stream gives you a broad and balanced education in computer science and lays a solid foundation for both graduate studies in computer science and a range of career paths.
- Entrepreneurship stream: You’ll gain a comprehensive skillset in computer science and software engineering, and apply your learning to the process of turning innovative technologies into business opportunities.
- Software Engineering stream: Alongside your core computer science knowledge, you’ll develop in-demand software engineering skills, including advanced abilities in computer systems and core applications.
- Information Systems stream: Develop strong software engineering skills along with essential knowledge in business management. If you want to pursue a career in technical management and have a deep interest in technology, this stream is for you.
If you’re interested in both computer science and business, check out our Management and Information Technology program. This four-year BBA degree program also has a co-op option, and gives you a wide-ranging skillset in computer science, management, economics, mathematics and statistics. It’s designed to make sure you graduate with an expertise in information technology and the in-demand skills to use them in modern management environments.
Computer & Mathematical Sciences
Honours Bachelor of Science
Specialist, Major, Minor
- Design and Analysis of Data Structures
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Introduction to Machine Learning and Data Mining