This combined degree program, offered jointly by the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) and UTSC, gives you the best of both worlds – pursue the undergraduate subjects you’re most passionate about and get early admission to the Master of Teaching from one of the world’s most prestigious schools of education.
They are designed for students interested in studying the intersections of the Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, or French, and Education coupled with professional teacher preparation. They allow exceptional students who are registered in one of 22 specified Specialist and Major programs to apply during their third year of studies, and be considered, for admission to the MT.
UTSC Program Options
To be admissible, you must select either the Co-op, Specialist, or Major options available for the following programs at UTSC.
- Biological Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Physics
- Physics and Astrophysics
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
OISE Master of Teaching Subjects
Depending on which UTSC program you select, it will determine which teaching subject you will be paired with.
- Science - General
- Science - Chemistry
- Science - Biology
- Science - Physics
- French (Second Language)
Full admission requirements is available on the UTSC Calendar.
- Years 1-3: BSc requirements
- Year 4: BSc requirements PLUS 1.0 credit in graduate courses
- Year 5: MT first year requirements
- Year 6: MT second year requirements
University of Toronto Scarborough:
- For programs in Biological Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Physics, Physics and Astrophysics, and Physical and Mathematical Sciences, contact the Department of Physical and Environmental Sciences
- For programs in Mathematics contact the Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
- For programs in French, contact the Centre for French and Linguistics
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education: