Alternate Ways to Study

Take the opportunity to attend courses at Canada’s top research university, while remaining enrolled at your home institution.

Or perhaps you have previous university experience and wish to upgrade your university record to qualify for graduate school, a professional program, or just for personal interest.

No matter your background, calling U of T Scarborough home is easy.

At anytime you have any questions about our alternate ways of studying, please do not hesitate to contact us at +1 (416) 287-7529. We'd be happy to assist you.

Second Degree Students

If you would like to apply to a second undergraduate University degree, you must apply to a different program of study at the University of Toronto than the one in which you completed your first degree. A maximum of 5.0 transfer credits may be granted towards a second degree.

We advise prospective students to consider whether a second degree is actually required for their purposes. For example, a ‘make-up’ year as a Non-degree Student may satisfy admission requirements for a graduate or professional program in lieu of a second degree. Applicants should notify Enrolment Services immediately, in writing, if they wish to amend a current degree program application to apply for Non-degree studies.

If you obtained your first degree from U of T Scarborough, please call our office at (416)-287-7529 for more information on applying as a second degree student. Students that have completed their first degree from another U of T campus can complete the online internal transfer application to be considered as a second degree student. All other students can complete the OUAC 105 application to be considered for a second degree. 

Mature Student

We understand that life can sometimes affect your academic plans. If you don’t meet U of T Scarborough's admission requirements, we may consider your application if you qualify as a Mature Student.

The scenic Humanities Wing garden

Non-degree Student

Applying as a non-degree student is a great way to continue your education, whether it’s for personal interest, or to upgrade your university record to qualify for graduate school or a professional program.

Students studying in a classroom

Part-time Student

Part-time students can take courses during the day and evening (when available), but are enrolled in fewer courses per academic session.

Students relaxing in the H Wing Patio

Visiting Student

A Visiting Student at U of T Scarborough is a student who is working towards an undergraduate degree at another North American university.

Students studying on the patio

Students Currently Enrolled at U of T Scarborough

If you are planning on studying at another accredited, degree-granting institution and have those credits transferred back to UTSC, you must first receive permission from the UTSC through a Letter of Permission (LOP). Learn how here.