Why study theatre at UTSC?
- The Theatre and Performance Studies program combines the critical study of theatre with hands-on experiential training
- Students learn about traditional theatre practices and look at other cultural practices through the lens of ‘performance’
- The program includes courses in historical and contemporary Western and non-Western theatre traditions as well as practical courses focused on acting technique, on technical theatre, and on directing for the stage.
- Taking advantage of its location in Toronto, the program frequently features theatre outings and professional artist talks, workshops and residencies
- Some graduates of the TAPS program pursue careers as actors, technicians or arts administrators and others go on to use the skills they develop in careers outside the arts such as teaching, management or government.
Learn more by watching the videos on this page or browsing through the TAPS alumni page on Facebook: @UTSCtheatre
Should you have any questions regarding the Theatre and Performance Studies program at the University of Toronto Scarborough, please send us an email.
Michal Schonberg | Professor Emeritus | email@example.com