Student Engagement Certificate Program
ACM Engage! is a Co-Curricular Record (CCR) approved certificate program initiated by the Department of Arts, Culture, and Media (ACM) to help students from across U of T Scarborough find opportunities to participate and contribute to the arts, culture and media communities beyond their classroom. Our program encourages students to:
- Attend multiple arts, culture and media events on campus
- Volunteer for ACM and related student groups and complete training and workshops
- Develop skills and other leadership experiences that are helpful in the workplace
- Access the resources available at U of T Scarborough to help them achieve their goals
Choose from THREE certificates: Leader, Ambassador and Explorer
Stay tuned for a new pilot certificate arriving soon: ACM Scholar!
|WHO is Eligible||
|WHAT is Involved||
To Track your Progress:
1. All Engage participants will receive a monthly calendar at the beginning of each month, which will include a listing of all volunteer opportunities, training sessions, and ACM events happening both on and off campus. Off-campus events that aren’t listed in the calendar may also be approved – just check in with us first!
2. Make sure to sign-up for events in advance and sign-in when you attend. We track at many events, but for events without a sign in area or an off-campus event, please do a selfie check-in (Take a photo of yourself in a way that clearly shows what event you are at; I.e. With signage, staff in uniform, etc.) and email it to us at email@example.com
3. Please note that while you can sign up for as many Engage! certificates as you want, each event or workshop can only count towards one certificate. Also if you decide to count and event towards a class it cannot also count towards your Engage! certificate.
4. If you work with a student group, please have your Lead Executive (I.e. President, General Manager, etc.) email us to confirm the completion of your role at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you work as an ACM Workstudy, please have your staff supervisor email us upon completion of your role. Confirmation for both positions must be received no later than April 5th, 2019.
5. At the end of each semester, you will receive a Progress Report via email indicating how many training sessions you have completed according to our records. Reports can also be provided at any time upon request.
At the end of the program:
When you complete all the requirements and an exit survey, you will receive a certificate and recognition on your CCR! And the best part: WAFFLES. We welcome all participants in the current year to join our ACM Engage! Waffle Brunch and Leadership Forum – a celebration of all students’ achievements in this program and recognition for your contribution to the Department of Arts Culture and Media.
To Sign Up:
We require students to sign up on a google form. We ask for their contact info, and which certificate they are signing up for. Applications are now OPEN!
If your student group is in need of volunteers please fill out our Volunteer Request form.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com