AccessAbility Services maintains a contact list of senior students who are interested in becoming peer tutors. Students’ names are retained on file with AccessAbility Services and are matched with students seeking tutoring services. The final selection of the tutor is made by the student seeking tutoring.
The hours are based on the individual needs of the student seeking tutoring. The hourly rate for the service is negotiated between the student requiring the service and the tutor. The tutor is paid directly by the student.
Department: AccessAbility Services, UTSC
Start Date: Variable. Students could be referred at any time throughout the semester.
End Date: Negotiated with the student requiring the tutoring.
Number of Hours Per Week: Negotiated with the student requiring the tutoring.
- An interest in working one-on-one with students
- An appreciation of different teaching and learning styles
- A solid knowledge of the subject area to be tutored
- Excellent communication skills
- Some experience as a tutor would be an asset
- Assist students in their understanding of course requirements
- Assess students’ understanding of course content
- Quiz students regarding course content
- Help students to clarify their understanding of course content
How to Apply:
Submit a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your academic transcript to:
UTSC, AccessAbility Services, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org