|To access the Work Study Page for Faculty & Staff, please visit: https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/aacc/work-study-program|
Work Study positions, which are paid part-time job opportunities created by U of T faculty and staff for in a wide variety of offices throughout the campus. These jobs are academic and/or career related (not clerical in nature) and offer you the opportunity to explore career options, gain experience and develop your skills. Many research positions are also funded through this program.
Domestic undergraduate and graduate degree students must be enrolled in at least 40% course load continuously from September to April, totaling a minimum of 2.0 credits (e.g. the minimum would be 0.5 credits in one session and 1.5 credits in the other).
Domestic undergraduate and graduate degree students must be enrolled in at least 40% course load (1.0 credit) continuously from May to August 2019 with at least a 0.5 credit course in the first session of the summer (May - June), and a 0.5 credit course in the second session of summer (June-August).
International students studying on a part time basis are NOT eligible to work on Campus - please see the Government of Canada website for rules and regulations. Visit here to learn more about eligibility requirements.
- Students are permitted to accept ONE Work Study position per program period.
- Students do NOT have to be OSAP eligible to apply for Work Study positions.
- Non-degree students are NOT eligible for Work Study
- Students doing a placement already, are NOT be eligible for work study
- Students registered in the Toronto School of Theology are NOT eligible for Work Study positions.
Students must meet couse load eligibility for the entire Work Study period - no course load averaging is permitted (i.e. taking all courses in the first 6 weeks or all courses in the second half of the summer is not permitted).
Applying for Work Study Jobs
You can view Work Study jobs through your Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx) account in May and August each year. We encourage you to visit the Academic Advising & Career Centre (AA&CC) for help with your resume, cover letter and interview skills before applying. Once you determine what opportunities you are interested in, apply by following the specific instructions on each job posting. Note: Students are also only permitted to accept one Work Study position per program period.
Pay Rate and Hours of Work
- Minimum Pay Rate: $15.00/hour + 10% benefits
- Work Study positions will be paid bi-weekly or monthly
- Average Weekly Hours: 12-15 hours per week (maximum 100 hours for Summer; 200 hours for Fall/Winter)
Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Work Study Program Dates
|Student Application Period||August 7 - September 27, 2019|
August 7 - October 4, 2019
|Program Period (Work Study Start & End Dates)*||September 3, 2019 - February 21, 2020|
|Hiring Approval Form(s) Due (online)||October 4, 2019|
If you are hired for a Work Study position, you will be required to complete the work study hiring form available on CLNx at
- Complete the Student’s Information, Employment Information and Declaration of Eligibility sections of the Hiring Form. Please ensure all fields are complete and accurate.
- Have your employer and the business officer complete the Hiring section.
- Completed Hiring Form should be emailed (scanned) or sent to Enrolment Services (email@example.com) as soon as possible for processing. The form must be submitted by the deadline.
Confirmation of your participation in the Work Study Program will be emailed to you as well as information about setting up payroll, timesheets, etc.
Please note that students are only allowed to accept and be employed in one Work Study position at a time.
- Set up your payroll information with the business/payroll officer in the department that hired you after you have received your approval email from Enrolment Services.
- You can download your payroll forms at the UTSC HR webpage or you can pick them up in the HR office, Room BV526E.
- You will be paid monthly or bi-weekly. Please observe the payroll schedule to ensure that you are paid on time.
Important Dates Summer 2019 Program
|April 13 - May 18||Jobs visible to students for application|
|May 18||Job postings expire|
|May 7 - May 31||Hiring Period|
|May 31||Deadline date to hire and submit hiring forms to Enrolment Services (scanned copies accepted)|
|May 7 - August 10, 2018||Duration of Summer 2018 Work-Study Program|