Career and further education fairs at UTSC gather many opportunities in one space so that you can meet and connect with representatives from various organizations and fields. Attend a fair to discover career options, gain industry insights, understand hiring processes and expand your professional network. To better prepare for these fairs, check out our Career and Job Fair Preparation [PDF] tip sheet.
Summer & Full-Time Job Fair - January 26, 2023 11:00AM - 3:00PM - Highland Hall Event Centre
Connect with reps from 60+ organizations from a variety of industries who will be promoting their summer and full-time job opportunities to students!
When: Thursday, January 26, 11:00am-3:00pm
Where: Booths (tables) will be set up throughout Highland Hall Event Centre where students can come in and meet with vairous organizations and learn about their opportunities. Some of these employers will be collecting resumes at the fair, come prepared! No registration required, please bring your T-Card for entrance at the door.
Prepare for this job fair with our Student Guide created by our Career Team. For a list of employers in attendance at this fair, please click here!
How to Prepare
- Preparation is key to success at any fair.
- Prioritize organizations you want to target. Do your research/visit their websites.
- Prepare thoughtful questions to show genuine interest in the organization, based on your research.
- Sign up for an appointment with an Employment Peer Coach in the AA&CC to have your resume critiqued.
- Review our Career & Job Fairs tipsheet.
Register for one of our preparation workshops:
During the Fair
- Be positive and confident. If you are comfortable, provide a firm handshake. Make eye contact. And perhaps most importantly, smile!
- Before you leave a booth, ask reps for their business cards so that you can promptly send a thank you note. Having the business card of the rep just spoke with allows you to have a direct contact with the organization and also the proper spelling of the rep's name. If they don't have any cards, ask how they would prefer you to contact them after the fair (email, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Meet 1:1 with our Career Strategists/Counsellors right at the fair!
- Learn how to introduce yourself, handshaking etiquette, what to say to reps, get interview tips and more. Look for our "Questions? Start Here!" booth inside the fair.
After the Fair
- Keep the momentum going and take the next step!
- Book an appointment with one of our Career Counsellors or Career Strategists to explore your interests and take the next step in finding experiential opportunities that fit your career goals. The AA&CC also offers drop-in appointments Monday to Friday - no appointment needed! Please see https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/aacc/career-advising-services
- Sign up for an Employment Peer Coaching appointment to have your resume critiqued.
- Login to CLNx to search for additional opportunities throughout the year.
Register for our Post-Fair Programming:
You are welcome to bring copies of your resume to apply in-person. Most employers will also offer you the opportunity to apply online.
- Coat check will not be available at the fair. Please ensure that you do not leave valuables unattended, including electronics, identification documents, money, etc. We are not responsible for lost or stolen valuables.
- The fair does not have a dress code (but we encourage you to look "professional" as it relates to the organizations and industries you are pursuing).