Thursday, September 19, 2019 | 11:00 am - 3:00 pm | Highland Hall
Learn about ways to gain experience on campus and in the community!
VOLUNTEERING | WORK-STUDY | PART-TIME JOBS
ENTREPRENEURSHIP | INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
(list of participating organizations, opportunities available, etc.)
* Last updated: Sept 12, 2019.
How to Prepare
Preparation is key to success at any fair.
- Prioritize organizations you want to target. Do your research/visit their websites.
- Prepare thoughtful questions to show genuine interest in the organization, based on your research.
- Sign up for an appointment with an Employment Peer Coach in the AA&CC to have your resume critiqued. Rapid resume reviews take place daily (Mon-Fri, 10am-12pm).
- Review our Career & Job Fairs tipsheet.
During the Fair
- Be positive and confident. If you are comfortable, provide a firm handshake. Make eye contact. And perhaps most importantly, smile!
- Before you leave a booth, ask reps for their business cards so that you can promptly send a thank you note. Having the business card of the rep just spoke with allows you to have a direct contact with the organization and also the proper spelling of the rep's name. If they don't have any cards, ask how they would prefer you to contact them after the fair (email, LinkedIn, etc.)
Meet 1:1 with our Career Strategists/Counsellors right at the fair!
Learn how to introduce yourself, handshaking etiquette, what to say to reps, get interview tips and more. Look for our "Questions? Start Here!" booth inside the fair.
After the Fair
Keep the momentum going and take the next step!
- Book an appointment with one of our Career Counsellors or Career Strategists to explore your interests and take the next step in finding experiential opportunities that fit your career goals. The AA&CC also offers drop-in appointments Monday to Friday – no appointment needed! Please see https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/aacc/career-advising-services
- Sign up for an Employment Peer Coaching appointment to have your resume critiqued.
- Login to CLNx to search for additional opportunities throughout the year.
Bookmark our other 2019/2020 career fairs in your planner:
- Graduate & Professional Schools Fair – Thursday, Sept 26, 11:00-3:00, Highland Hall
- Summer & Full-Time Job Fair – Wednesday, Jan 22, 11:00-3:00, Highland Hall
You are welcome to bring copies of your resume to apply in-person. Most employers will also offer you the opportunity to apply online. Please check the Fair Guide (link above) to see which organizations will be accepting resumes at the event.
Coat check will not be available at the fair. Please ensure that you do not leave valuables unattended, including electronics, identification documents, money, etc. We are not responsible for lost or stolen valuables.
The fair does not have a dress code (but we encourage you to look "professional" as it relates to the organizations and industries you are pursuing).
If you are person with a disability and require accommodation please email email@example.com 10 working days prior to the event.
Don't miss our next fair:
Graduate & Professional Schools Fair