Within the Get Started program you will have access to many Course Selection Supports, such as:
Course Selection Modules
Live Virtual Supports
- Your First Year Peer
- Discussion Boards
Be sure to check out the Course Selection Module
Within these modules you will learn about: degree requirements, resources available to help you choose your courses, how to enroll in your courses (using a student-web service called ACORN) and how to plan ahead to complete your program and degree requirements.
- Throughout the module you will find opportunities to check your knowledge which will help you feel prepared to make informed decisions about your course selection
Note: Course Enrolment Day for first-year students begins on July 7, 2021.
Attend Live Virtual Support
Once you have finished going through the course selection module, you may still have questions about course selection and course enrolment. We are here to help!
Drop In - Course Selection Support sessions
- After completing the modules and enrolling in your courses, you may still have some unanswered questions. Beginning July 5, 2021 and after Course Enrolment Day on July 7, 2021. Join us for small, group-based, Question & Answer style discussions where you can connect with Academic Advisors and First Year Peers LIVE to have your questions answered.
Registration not required. Click on the Zoom link and enter the password to join the Drop-in Course Selection Supports during the following dates and times.
Zoom link: https://utoronto.zoom.us/j/81302921420
Drop-in session dates & times:
- August 11, 2021 | 10 AM - 11 AM
- August 25, 2021 | 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- September 8, 2021 | 5 PM - 6:30 PM
- September 9, 2021 | 10 AM - 11:30 AM
- September 14, 2021 | 10 AM - 11:30 AM
- September 16, 2021 | 5 PM - 6:30 PM
Connect with your First-Year Peer
You have been assigned a Upper year student who is happy to hear from you. They will email you to introduce themselves and you can connect with them throughout your first year. Wondering when to contact your First-Year Peer?
- If you need further clarification after attending a Course Selection Support sessions
- If you wish to send your completed Course Planner (provided in the modules) for review (please note: this is optional).
- Have general questions about your first year at UTSC.
Engage with Discussion Boards
Connect with us through Discussion Boards (located in the Quercus module under “discussions” in the menu to the left), where you can find topics related to U of T Scarborough programs and the first-year student community!
- New to this method of connecting? Be part of a safe place for students to connect by following these guidelines before you "submit" a comment.
- See what others are asking OR ask a question yourself.
- You can also stay updated with questions being asked on a particular Discussion Board by selecting Subscribe.