Upper Year Applicants
An applicant is considered an Upper Year student if they have completed at least one semester at UTSC. Exchange students and transfer students entering an Upper Year of study at UTSC would be considered as a New Upper Year student.
New Upper Year applicants: If you will be above your first semester of study when applying to residence for the first time (you have never lived in residence before), you must contact Student Housing & Residence Life with your student number directly to ensure you have access to the Upper Year application. Returning residents will have access to the Upper Year application automatically.
Fall Only 2018 and Fall & Winter 2018-2019 Application Dates and Deadlines (excludes exchange students)
- Application submission period: Friday, March 2 at 10:00am to Friday, March 16 at 4:00pm
- Application decisions released: April 6, 2018
- Deadline to accept residence offer: April 13, 2018 by 4:00pm
- Application must be received by the deadline of March 16 by 4:00pm, and if an offer is made, must submit the $600.00 non-refundable deposit by April 13, 2018 at 4:00pm. Due to a very high demand for residence, SHRL is not able to consider late applications.
- Applicants who have been issued a 2 or 4 year guarantee of residence in their Offer of Admission to University of Toronto Scarborough will have this guarantee honoured if they meet the remainder of the eligibility requirements
- Applicants with a 2 or 4 year residence guarantee that has already been met are encouraged to apply as early as possible to the application live date. The order of applications received will be considered. Applicants with a previously met residence guarantee must apply within the first 75 applications to be eligible for an offer.
- Applicants must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0
- Returning residents with a level 4 conduct-related residence sanction are not eligible to be readmitted in 2018-2019
- Residence fees must be paid in full from the previous session by August 1, 2018, otherwise the offer will be rescinded
Winter 2018 Application Dates and Deadlines:
- Application submission period: Friday, March 2 at 10:00am until spaces are filled
- Application decisions released: 1st Round - March 20, 2018; Additional rounds of offers will be ongoing
- Deadline to accept residence offer: 1st Round - April 13, 2018 by 4:00pm; Additional rounds of offers will have a 2-week deposit deadline
- Co-op program students who are unsure of their placements for the Winter 2018 semester may apply for the Fall & Winter 2018-2019 session and inform the Student Housing & Residence Life office by November 1, 2018 if they are required to cancel their winter residence reservation due to a co-op placement that is not within a commutable distance to Residence. If the notice is received by November 1 in writing, no additional Winter 2018 session fees will apply.
Exchange student application deadlines*
- Fall 2018 Only and Fall & Winter 2018-2019 applicants: Friday, June 15, 2018
- Winter 2018 Only applicants: Thursday, November 15, 2018
*Includes submission of $600.00 deposit on the Student Housing Portal
How to Apply
- All applications are available on the Student Housing Portal
- To obtain your password for the Portal, input your student ID number in the UofT Student/Applicant number field, and then click on “Obtain/Forgot Password?” under the Password field. Your permanent password for the Student Housing Portal will be sent to the email address on file with the University/in ACORN.
- Once logged in, select the Applications tab, and click on the UTSC application term(s) you would like to apply for.
- After the step that requires you to sign the 2018-2019 Upper Year Residence Agreement by inputting your student number, your application will be submitted for review. After clicking “Save” and receiving a confirmation email, it is safe to exit the Student Housing Portal.
- If an offer is made, you will see the deposit page enabled on your application in the Portal. You will also receive an email with instructions for submitting your deposit.
- The $600.00 credit card deposit is non-refundable.
- Changes to your application: Applicants may make changes to their application until June 29, 2018, including changing room type and gender rooming type preferences, modifying roommates requests and adding any additional notes.
Accessibility in Residence
Student Housing & Residence Life is committed to meeting your accessibility and accommodation needs. In order to determine how best to accommodate you while living in residence, we encourage students to share specific information relating to your disability-related needs. Any disability-related needs can be reported through the "Accessibility Needs in Residence Form", available on the link below.
Disclosing any medical information is voluntary, and will only be used for emergency response and for developing your support plan in partnership with SHRL while living in residence. The information you provide is kept confidential.
Accessibility Needs in Residence Form
Students are encouraged to register with AccessAbility Services on campus. AccessAbility Services can be reached via phone at 416-287-7560 or via email at email@example.com