The UTSC campus was designated as the 15th Fair Trade Campus in Canada on May 17, 2016 by Fair Trade Canada.
What is Fairtrade?
It is a new way of doing business; using consumer support to influence international trade practices.
- Guarantees a minimum price and fair wages to farmers
- Improves working conditions for farmers
- Improves living conditions of families in developing countries
- Funds community development projects (health care, sanitation, schools and building vital infrastructure)
- Sets standards to protect the environment through sustainable agricultural practices
Check out this amazing short video on What Fairtrade is? created by Fairtrade Canada.
Where can I buy Fairtrade products on campus?
Fairtrade Certified products (including coffee, tea and chocolate) are currently available on campus at the following locations:
- Marketplace (Coffee, Tea, Chocolate)
- Starbucks (Fairtrade drip coffee option)
- Rex’s Den (Coffee and Tea)
- UTSC Bookstore (Chocolate)
- International News Store (Chocolate)