When you arrive in Canada, you will be met by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency at the airport where he/she will ask to see your travel documents. Make sure they are not packed in your luggage and that you have them with you. Ensure you have the following documents upon your arrival at the Customs:
- Valid passport, including valid Canadian temporary resident visa if required
- Letter of Introduction or Study Permit (issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- Original letter of admission from the University of Toronto
- Proof of funds available
- Medical records and immunization records, translated if applicable (useful but not required)
When you arrive on campus and are settled in, visit the International Student Centre. We offer individual support and assistance through orientation and many information sessions.
As a non-Canadian residing in Canada for no less than six months, you are required to follow these requirements as specified by Canada Border Services Agency.
When you are going through customs at the airport or border, a border official will ask for your passport, study permit or letter of introduction, TRV ( if applicable). Please be prepared to answer questions. Some common questions asked are :
- At what institution will you be studying? What program are you enrolled in?
- Where will you be staying?
- Do you have any items to declare?
- Have you traveled to Canada before?
- Do you have any family members in Toronto?
- How much money are you traveling with?
Transport Canada Information
Transport Canada Information also located outside the Immigration area on the Arrivals level at Pearson International Airport. Transportation from Pearson International Airport to the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus (UTSC) The Pearson International Airport is one of the largest and busiest airports serving the Toronto areas and is the hub for many major flights coming into Ontario. It is located approximately 40 km away form University of Toronto Scarborough Campus (UTSC). Most international students take an Airport Limo from the airport the Campus. Please note that traveling from the airport to UTSC: by Airport Limo (approximately $60 – $70 including tip), please be prepared to pay with Canadian dollars, or with VISA or MasterCard. Students should always advise the driver that they require a receipt. bypublic transit (cash fare $3.00); it may take more than two hours to arrive the Campus;
- Take the subway eastbound to Kennedy Station
- Transit at Scarborough RT eastbound to Scarborough Town Centre Terminal
- Take Bus 38 to UTSC
For more information, please visit the Greater Toronto Airport Authority website: http://www.gtaa.com/en/home/