The UTSC Research Advisory Board (UTSC RAB) functions as a conduit of information in operational matters related to research to and from departments, as well as an advisory group to the Vice-Principal, Research for research matters of importance to UTSC.
Terms of Reference
- The UTSC RAB is chaired by the Vice-Principal, Research.
- The UTSC RAB comprises the Associate Chairs for Research (or departmental designate) for each of the departments at UTSC; as well as the Manager, Research Grants and Contracts, and the Manager, Research Operations as ex-officio, non-voting members.
- The UTSC RAB shall function as a conduit of information in operational matters related to research to and from departments.
- The UTSC RAB will act as a sounding board/advisory group for research matters of institutional importance.
- The UTSC RAB will serve as a conduit to departments for policies and procedures that have been vetted and approved by the University of Toronto Office of the Vice‐President, Research, and are at the implementation stage. Research-related, University of Toronto, government, and funding agency policies and procedures of an operational nature that have been provided by the University of Toronto Office of the Vice-President, Research will be communicated to the UTSC RAB members by the UTSC Vice-Principal, Research for dissemination.
- The UTSC RAB will evaluate nominees/applicants for internal research awards (e.g., Principal's Research Awards, Research Excellence Faculty Scholars, Research Recognition Award, Graduate Student Research Awards, and Undergraduate Library Prize).
- The UTSC RAB will evaluate nominees/applicants for internal research funds (e.g., Research Competitiveness Fund and International Research Collaboration Fund).
- Any items that are strategic and involve strategic positioning fall outside the scope of the UTSC RAB and will be addressed with the departmental Chairs.
- Meetings for Academic year 2016-2017. October 17/16, November 28/16, Jan 16/17, Feb 27/17, March 27/17, (Tues) April 25/17 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., (Special) June 5/17 10:30 to 12:00 p.m. in MW324. All meetings take place in MW324 from 2-4:00 p.m.