- International Security
- State failure
- Political economy of civil war
- Political Islam
- International Relations
- South Asia
Awards and Grants:
- Harold D. Lasswell Award, Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy (2008)
- Aisha Ahmad, “Agenda for Peace or Budget for War? Evaluating the Economic Impact of International Intervention in Somalia” in International Journal, Vol. 67, No. 2 (Spring 2012) pp. 313-331
- Aisha Ahmad “Islamic Movements in Afghanistan and Somalia: A Comparison” in Policy Perspectives (Institute for Policy Studies – Pakistan); August 2009.
- Aisha Ahmad “Talking to the Enemy: Strategies for Initiating Peace Negotiations in Afghanistan” in Policy Perspectives (Institute of Policy Studies – Pakistan); Special Edition on Afghanistan, March 2007.
- Aisha Ahmad “Evolving Patterns in Afghan Women’s Security: A Historical Analysis of Trends in Vulnerability, Rape Prevalence, and Legal Rights” in Policy Perspectives (Institute of Policy Studies) Volume 3, Number 1, November 2005.
- Ibrahim Farah, Aisha Ahmad, and Daud Omar “Cross Border Weapons Proliferation in the Horn of Africa: the case of Mandera, Kenya, Melkasufta, Ethiopia, and Bula Hawa, Somalia” in Controlling Small Arms in the Horn of Africa and the Great Lakes Region Project Ploughshares: 2006.
- POLB80H3 - Introduction to International Relations
- POLC09H3 - International Security: Crisis, Conflict, and War
- POLC80H3 - International Relations of Africa
- POLD41H3 - Advanced Topics in Politics: International Relations of Ethnic Conflict