- International Association of Hydrogeologists President’s Award (2011)
- President (and Chairman of the Board of Directors) of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (2012)
- Howard, K.W.F., A. Žaknić-Ćatović and H. Maier. (2010, in press). Predicting the implications of climate change for groundwater-dependent Mediterranean islands. In: Gökçekuş, H., (2010, in press). Water in the Mediterranean Basin. Env. Earth Sciences Book Series Vol. 1 . Springer.
- Foster, SSD, Hirata, RA and Howard, KWF. (2010, in review). Groundwater Use in developing cities – policy issues arising from current trends. Hydrogeology Journal.
- Webb, M. and Howard, K.W.F. (2010, in press). Modelling the transient response of saline intrusion to rising sea-levels. Ground Water.
- Taniguchi, M., Dausman, A., Howard, K.W.F. , Polemio, M., Lakshmana, 2009. Trends and sustainability of groundwater in highly stressed aquifers. IAHS Publication 329, 312 pp.
- Meriano, M., Eyles, N. and K.W.F. Howard 2009 . Groundwater contamination by road salt in Frenchman’s Bay Watershed, Ontario, Canada. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, Vol. 107, No. 1-2, pp. 66-81.
For more publications see: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~gwater/