- land and natural resource conflicts
- political ecology
- international development and racialization
- Latin America
- development geography
- poverty reduction strategies
- race, gender and property rights
- indigenous peoples and Afro-descendant communities
- feminist and postcolonial geographies
- development-induced displacement
Mollett, S. 2014 A “Modern” Paradise: Race, Development and Displacement-in-Place on the Honduran North Coast. Latin American Perspectives. doi:101177/0094582X13518756
Mollett, S. 2013 Mapping Deception: The politics of Mapping Miskito and Garifuna Space in Honduras. Annals of the Association of American Geographers. 103(5): 1227-1241.
Mollett, S. and Faria, C. 2013 Messing with Gender in Feminist Political Ecology. Geoforum,45:116-125.
Mollett, S. 2011 Racial Narratives: Miskito and colono land struggles in the Honduran Mosquitia. Cultural Geographies, 18(1):43-62.
Mollett, S. 2010 Esta Listo (Are you ready?) Gender, race and land registration in the Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve. Gender, Place and Culture, 17(3): 357-375.