Financial Services administers the campus operating budget by working closely with U of T Scarborough departments, the central Planning and Budget Office and U of T Scarborough senior management.
- Coordinating the annual budget preparation and review process
- Updating the U of T Scarborough budget model to reflect base budget changes
- Maintaining and updating long-term planning models
- Preparing and processing budget transfers in-year, as approvals are given
- Preparing budget models and analysis of new initiatives or funding requests, to ensure financial viability
- Auditing department submissions/analysis for completeness and financial viability
- Responding to budget and accounting related inquiries from operating departments, Planning and Budget Office and Financial Services, St. George
- Coordinating the campus forecasting process
- Coordinating the year-end closing and carry forward reporting
For more information on the University's policies and procedures related to budgeting, please refer to the Guide to Financial Management.