SERVICE LEARNING AND OUTREACH PROVIDES EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
As a student do you:
- want a chance to work more closely with a prof in one of their classes you greatly enjoyed?
- want to deepen your understanding of course material?
- like working with and helping fellow students?
- want to gain hands-on experience that can add new depth to your resume?
If you are a student interested in a placement experience, please select "Apply Now".
As a course instructor/community partner would you like to:
- give an enthusiastic student a chance to work with your class/organization?
- have additional support for your class/organization?
- support students’ deeper engagement with academic material/learn more about the community?
Our Service Learning and Outreach (SLO) program provides experiential education opportunities for students where they are matched with placement opportunities offered by UTSC courses (in-reach), or non-course/off-campus placements (out-reach). As part of the experience, students reflect on how their academic knowledge enhances their delivery of service and how that service experience informs their academic understanding.
If you’re a course instructor or organization supervisor with a placement to offer, please contact us:
Maggie Roberts, Placement Coordinator, Service Learning and Outreach Program
Amelia Seto-Hung, Course and Program Assistant, CTL