Exchange programs provide second or third year students with excellent opportunities to experience new cultures and learn new languages while earning credit towards their U of T degrees. The complete list of partners is available through the Centre for International Experience (CIE).
Minimum Academic Requirements:
- Must be in good standing and have completed at least 4.0 full credits (Note: we encourage students to participate during their third year and discourage participation during the final year of study)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.25 required for consideration; You must also achieve a minimum annual GPA of 2.5 for the year during which you apply Some institutions/programs may require a higher GPA.
Some exchange programs have special language requirements.
Further eligibility requirements are listed on the CIE website.
Students normally select a combination of core and elective courses.
Only Arts, Science or Management courses may be transferred.
Transfer credits are considered for undergraduate level academic courses and are not granted for practical, clinical, pedagogical or graduate level courses.
Application deadline: mid-January to late February depending on the institution/program. Please see the Deadlines and Timelines on CIE websites for further updates. Please follow the application steps below:
- Apply online through the Centre for International Experience (CIE) Depending on the program or institution for which you apply you may also need to include: statement of interest/research statement, resume, academic references, and academic transcripts as part of the application package. Interviews may also be conducted. Each qualified student’s application will undergo a screening process, and not all applicants are nominated to their first-choice institution.
- Student Exchange Programs Transfer Credit Information
- Consult the French Associate Director responsible for the courses you wish to take prior to departure for transfer credit
- Bring the final course recommendation form to room AA128 or email Carol Farquhar, Transfer Credit Assessor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the International Student Centre Webpage for more information on the Exchange Programs in France