The University of Toronto Honour’s Bachelor Science/Bachelor of Arts + Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) Master of Teaching combined degree programs offered by UTSC and the OISE, give you the best of both worlds – pursue the undergraduate subjects you’re most passionate about and get early admission to one of the world’s most prestigious schools of education.
As part of the Combined Degree Programs, undergraduate students will complete 1.0 credits in graduate courses offered by OISE, which can be counted toward both degrees.
The HBA/HBSC + MT Combined Degree Programs will:
• Give you the opportunity to acquire the content background you’ll need for the teaching profession
• Give you an opportunity to gain early graduate admission to the Master of Teaching program offered by OISE
• Provide you with a clear pathway towards the teaching profession, and access to an enriched combination of academic programs
• Give you the opportunity to earn two University of Toronto degrees
• Give you the opportunity to be recommended to the Ontario College of Teachers for a Certificate of Qualification, certifying you to teach in Ontario schools
• Guide you in gaining experience working with groups of children\
What are the Combined Degree Programs for the HBA/HBSc and MT?
These Combined Degree Programs invite students to gain early admission to the Masters of Teaching offered by the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education. These programs give you the best of both worlds –allowing you to pursue the undergraduate programs you’re most passionate about and get early admission to one of the most prestigious schools of education.
Why Enroll in the Education Combined Degree Program?
• Gain early (in Year 3) graduate admission (conditional) to the Master of Teaching
• Have a clear pathway to the teaching profession
• Earn two degrees and be recommended to the Ontario College of Teachers for certification
• Access an enriched combination of academic programs
Who Can Apply?
• UTSC students who are in Year 3 of their chosen HBSc or HBA degree program and are registered in one of 22 undergraduate programs*
• There is no minimum or maximum number of students
• UTSC students who have had experience working with children
• UTSC students who have B+; (CGPA of 3.3) average or better in Year 2 of their undergrad program
• UTSC students who meet the qualifications as specified by the Masters of Teaching program.
What are the Admission Requirements?
• Be registered at UTSC in Year 3 of HBSC or HBA Degree Program listed*
• Have an average grade equivalent of B+ (GPA 3.3) or better
• Provide two letters of reference
• Be on course to complete the prerequisites for two teaching subjects*
• By the 2nd term of Year 3, have completed half the prerequisites for both teaching subjects
Are There Other Qualifications?
• Students are admitted to the Master of Teaching Program under the regulations of the school of graduate studies
• A preferred concentration for teaching must be indicated: Intermediate/Senior, Junior/Intermediate or Primary/Junior
• Applicants must describe three teaching experiences with children and insights gained about teaching and learning
• A police reference check is needed.
CFL Program Options:
• Specialist in French
• Specialist Co-op in French
• Major in French
• Major Co-op in French
Applicants must have two teaching subjects and complete 6 full credits (6.0 FCE’s) for the first teaching subject and 3 full credits (3.0 FCE’s) (or 6.0 FCE’s where applicable) for the second teaching subject.
For more information contact: Combined Degree Program Coordinator at email@example.com