- Canadian Association of Social and Cultural Anthropologists, member
- American Anthropology Association, member
- American Ethnological Society, member
- Anthropology of Academic Practices
- The Ethnography of Memory
- The Anthropology of Religion & Pilgrimage
Awards and Grants:
- 2007 Research funding from Michael Lambek’s CRC "Anthropology of Ethical Life."
- 2006 Departmental Nominee for Council of Graduate Schools/UMI Distinguished Dissertation Award.
- 2005-2006 SSHRC SIG Grant "Lives of Women Religious".
- 2008 "Clothing of Piety, Clothing of Poverty: Object Lessons in a Convent School" Ethnos Vol. 73:3 377-398.
- 2005 Donna J. Young and Anne Meneley (eds.) Auto-ethnographies: The Anthropology of Academic Practices. Peterborough, Ontario: Broadview Press.
- 2005 "Writing Against the Native Point of View." In Auto-ethnographies: The Anthropology of Academic Practices. Peterborough, Ontario: Broadview Press. 203-215.
- Conceptualizing Religion
- Ritual and Religious Action
- Political Anthropology