Student Engagement Certificate Program
ACM Engage! is a Co-Curricular Record (CCR) approved certificate program initiated by Department of Arts, Culture, and Media to help students from across U of T Scarborough find opportunities to participate and contribute to the arts, culture and media communities beyond their classroom. Our program encourages students to:
- Attend multiple arts, culture and media events on campus
- Volunteer for ACM and related student groups and complete training and workshops
- Develop leadership and other skills that are helpful in the workplace
Choose from THREE certificates: Leader, Ambassador and Explorer
|WHO is Eligible||
|List of roles / events|
|WHAT is Involved||
To Track your Progress:
1. All Engage participants will receive a monthly calendar at the beginning of each month, which will include a listing of all volunteer opportunities, training sessions, and ACM events happening both on and off campus. Off-campus events that aren’t listed in the calendar may also be approved – just check in with us first!
2. Make sure to sign-up for events in advance and sign-in when you attend. We track at many events, but for events without a sign in area or an off-campus event, please do a selfie check-in and email it to us.
3. If you work with a student group, be sure to have your supervisor confirm your hours by emailing us.
4. At the end of each semester, you will receive a Passport Progress Report indicating how close you are towards completing your certificate. Reports can also be processed upon request from our team.
At the end of the program:
When you complete all the requirements and an exit survey, you will receive a certificate and recognition on your CCR! And the best part: WAFFLES. We welcome all participants in the current year to join our ACM Engage! Waffle Brunch and Leadership Forum – a celebration of all students’ achievements in this program and recognition for your contribution to the Arts, Culture, and Media Department.
To Sign Up:
We require students to sign up on a google form. We ask for their contact info, and which certificate they are signing up for. Applications are now OPEN!
To apply for the student engagement certificate program please fill out our Certificate Program form.
If your student group is in need of volunteers please fill out our Volunteer Request form.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org