There will be a planned power outage in the UTSC Library, Bladen Wing and Academic Resource Centre (ARC) from Saturday, April 22 at 10 p.m. to Sunday, April 23 until 6 p.m. The outage is necessary for construction of our newest building, Highland Hall, and these areas will fully re-open by Monday, April 24 at 6 a.m. Wifi will not be affected anywhere else on campus; including residences. You will not be able to access the Library, Bladen Wing or ARC from 10 p.m. on Saturday, April 22; please do not leave personal items in these areas. If you have an emergency during the power outage, please contact Campus Community Police at 416-978-2222.
Construction has started on our newest building, the project currently known as Highland Hall, and we are providing our community the following updates.
For pedestrians: Safe walking routes are outlined below. You are no longer able to access the bus loop along Military Trail and we advise that you do not walk on Military Trail as there is no sidewalk. There are currently three safe walking routes from Military Trail & Ellesmere Road during the current phase of construction and are detailed below; please download a complete campus map for reference.
- Walk towards Scarborough Circle passing the child care centre to the Arts & Administration (AA) building, then walk between the AA building and Student Centre, to the path between the Bladen Wing/Academic Resource Centre (ARC) and the construction zone to the bus loop.
- Walk towards Scarborough Circle to the Student Centre, enter the Student Centre front doors and exit the back doors to path between Bladen Wing/Academic Resource Centre (ARC) and the construction zone to bus loop.
- Walk along the sidewalk next to closed road that runs parallel to Military Trail, entering Student Centre from the entrance off Military Trail—there is a fence along the road and also on the sidewalk just beyond the bike racks near this door—pass the Student Affairs offices, the dental office and turn left to exit the Student Centre and continue to the path between the Bladen Wing/Academic Resource Centre (ARC) and the construction zone to the bus loop.
- Note: Route 1 and 2 outlined above are preferable and outlined in the map below.
- For vehicles: Authorized pick-up and drop-off points are Parking Lot A, Centennial Circle an Pan Am drive. Do not pick-up or drop-off at any point along Military Trail as it is a two-lane road that is heavily trafficked; pick-up or drop-off outside of authorized areas is not safe.
For transit users: Bus routes are temporarily changing to accommodate construction; this change will be in effect until further notice.
1. GO & TTC: GO Transit & Toronto Transit Commission buses will operate their routes from the south-side of the existing bus loop, nearest Parking Lot A.
2. DRT: Durham Region Transit PULSE buses will no longer use the existing bus loop; the buses will now use stops westbound and eastbound on Ellesmere Road (shared with TTC). In addition to this change there are temporary stops for transfers at the following locations; please note the DRT map below:
- Ellesmere Road (westbound) & Military Trail
- Ellesmere Road (eastbound) & Military Trail
- Military Trail near Pan Am Drive
- Site limits and barriers for current construction phase (download PDF).
- Campus map: You can download a copy of our campus map here.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Construction Camera (updated every 15min)
For additional information, please visit the Highland Hall project page.