An important aspect of career planning and learning about the world of work is understanding labour market information. This includes information about growing and declining sectors and can help you identify potential employers and career paths.
Labour market information includes:
- trends and conditions in the labour market
- education, qualifications and skill requirements for jobs
- salary information
- job vacancies
- forecasts of occupational trends and needs in particular industries
Many sources of labour market information are published by the government including:
Working In Canada: This Government of Canada website provides information on salaries, education requirements and indicates future prospects for different occupations.
- Industry and Labour Market Research tipsheet [PDF]
- See our page on other Labour Market Trends resources
- Visit Vault Online to find the latest information on leading companies